And I had no idea until recently. I sewed a little backpack for Lily a few months ago, but I chalked up its awesomeness to the piping I used for the first time ever and didn’t give enough credit to the iron-on interfacing.
I stumbled across this little free pattern for an adorable purse and had a go at it with the leftover interfacing from the toddler backpack project. And I’m in love! Pardon the iPhone pictures, but here it is completely empty, made from quilting cotton and interfacing, standing all on its own…
(No, I didn’t follow the pattern exactly, as always…)
And the best part is: interfacing is cheap! I should have stocked up on a bolt of it long ago, but it’s definitely on my to-buy list now. Oh, the bags I will sew!